Friday, August 17, 2012

Back from Africa!

For the last 10 days I have been in Ghana as part of a service trip of young Rabbis with American Jewish World services.

For 10 days I have been without cell phone, Internet, or e-mail.  The only thing that I had with me was a spiral notebook and a pen.

I have so much that I want to blog about:
  • A travel blog of the experience
  • the work of American Jewish World Services
  • the work of the great projects that AJWS partners with in Africa
  • the issues facing Ghana that I learned about and saw first hand
  • the value of service trips in general
I flew from Ghana straight to New York and I am spending Shabbat in Teaneck, NJ with my family.  Sunday I will attend YouthCon - the annual informal and experiential Jewish educators convention -and I will head back to Omaha early next week. 

Over Shabbat I intend to read through my copious notes from my trip and I hope start some serious blogging after shabbat.

I wish everyone a great shabbat and I can't wait to get back to Nebraska to tell everyone about the trip in person.

1 comment: